Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Feature Writing 101
"I am a frustrated writer." I want it to be my career. And since its impossible for me to reach that dream before, I started blogging after learning what this is all about.
I'll be the most luckiest person if ever I would be given a chance to participate in this feature writing seminar initiated by Writer's Block Philippines in cooperation with Powerbooks Store for I know that this will really help me a lot to develop my skills in writing. For a travel blogger like me, I know this one could be a great help to become more creative in telling my road stories and (mis)adventures. Based on my personal experience, Im running out of words to use in most of my article ending up using the words which I already used in my previous article, so I feel like there's nothing new in my post and everything is just the same. This is just one only among other difficulties I always encounter in writing. I want to attract more readers and through my post, encourage them as well to travel and explore.
From Powerbooks Store Fan Page:
An amazing treat for aspiring writers! Be one of 2 lucky winners to get FREE SEATS to the Feature Writing 101 Class!
1. Go to the FREE Seats to Feature Writing 101 tab (located in the menu below the profile picture) and submit the entry form by providing your name and email address. Only one entry per participant will be accepted via the contest tab.
2. For better chances of winning, you can submit another entry by retweeting the following message in Twitter: Click this link http://tinyurl.com/3fm9pnc and get a chance to win FREE seats to Feature Writing 101 from @PowerbooksStore #PBfeature101
3. Powerbooks' Feature Writing 101 Workshop Promo will run from September 1 to 14, 2011.
4. 2 lucky winners will each win one (1) Scholarship seat to attend the Feature Writing 101 Workshop.
5. The winners will be informed on September 15, 2011 via email.
6. The winners can claim their prizes at the Customer Service counter of Powerbooks Greenbelt 4. Please look for Ms. Jean or Ms. Che and present a valid ID.
What: Feature Writing 101 Workshop
When: September 17, 2011 (SAT), 10AM to 6PM
Where: Powerbooks Greenbelt
Workshop Fee: P2,500
Writer’s Block Philippines is bringing back the highly successful workshop, “FEATURE WRITING 101: The basics of writing to get published.” This one-day workshop equips participants with the basics of writing features on their favorite topics so that they can pursue their passions and live to write about it! To many, there’s nothing better than doing what you love to do and getting published and paid for it.
The workshop will be facilitated by the founders of Writer’s Block Philippines, who each has years of writing and editing under her belt. Ana Santos is Associate Editor of Illustrado, a Dubai-based lifestyle magazine; Nikka Sarthou is Contributing Editor at Smile, the inflight magazine of Cebu Pacific; and Nina Terol-Zialcita is Editor-in-Chief of asianTraveler, the longest-running travel magazine in the Philippines.
Participants of the first Feature Writing 101 course have already started pitching their stories to different publications–with some already earning their byline in as little as a few weeks!
For details, visit www.writersblockphilippines.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact (0927) 8508280 .
Disclaimer: The photo and complete details of the announcement came from the official fanpage of Powerbooks Store. I just blog this event to encourage my friends, readers and my fellow bloggers to participate in this seminar.