Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why Travel?

Why travel? Simply because we need to! No more explanations.

No! Seriously, I find traveling as an exciting way of learning. Every travel I made is a learning experience for me to know information not written in the books or shown in television. Its my best way to gain information which I can share to others because I personally experienced it. In every travel I make sure that I will discover new things, things beyond the knowledge I have in my mind. But perhaps the most rewarding part of traveling is when you understand and experience for yourself other Philippine culture and traditions. Because I believed that keen understanding of other people's tradition is the highest form of respect you can give them and your country.

Meeting new people is another reason why I would like to travel. Knowing their beliefs and thoughts is one of the most interesting way to learn.

I also consider traveling as my outlet to let go of my burdens and stresses in life. A way to look for solace after difficulties and trials. A perfect way to meditate or think of things that I should prioritize. For me, moving away from the usual place you are in helps us to balance our decisions or outlook in life.

Another reason why I love to travel is that I will be able to fill my gastronomic pleasure. It is the chance for me to taste the food I haven't seen or eaten normally.

And of course, I travel because I love to seek some adventure. Philippines is composed of 7107 islands. It only means that there are a lot to discover. Everywhere you go, there is something awaits you, all you need to do is to look for it. Some of my most unforgettable getaways are our mountain climbing in Mt. Dalima, Mt. Maculot and Mt. Gulugod-baboy.
World-class beaches in Batangas and the farthest I have gone to, in the white sand beach of Boracay. This experience was really incomparable because I got it for free (from blogging). It was a dream that came into reality. I had the experience to stay in the hotel, eat sumptuous foods, meet new friends, and try some water sports.
Even if you are in the metro, there are places where you can explore and enjoy. I never thought of this before, for I know that cities are just composed of buildings and modern industries or the other bad side, poverty and overcrowding. Not until I got the chance to visit some places that brings back my childhood memories. Just this year, I paid a visit to Manila Zoo, Manila Ocean Park, and Museo Pambata. I felt again my innocence and childhood happiness as I explore this places. Then I realized that travel needs not to be expensive, it only requires a little appreciation and attention in order for us to enjoy.

*"Capturing Boracay"
*"Feel like kids once again at Museo Pambata"
*It's a deeper experience

So "Why travel?"

...to learn new things
...to expose oneself with new culture and traditions
...to medidate
...to meet people of different personalities
...to explore the beauty of our environment
...to fulfill gastronomic pleasure and lastly
...to capture precious moments:)


"It doesn't matter how near or far we go, as long as we are enjoying every journey and we are learning from it, that is the best reward we can get in every travel that we make."

This is my entry to the Let's Go Sago! anniversary contest entitled, "Why Travel?" of Jonel Uy. The blog mainly promotes Philippine travel.



*Special thanks to Micaela Rodriguez, Gracee Bongolan, Brenna Bustamante, Gervic Estella Marc Laban-Laban and Phongzkie Cadavida for some of the photos used in this entry.

8 comments:

  1. Nice post Darwin! I hope you win this one. Looking forward to travelling with you again! Tgsh Tgsh Tgsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Micamyx,thanks!thanks!thanks!

    Nakakatuwa nmn pg my mga sikat n blogger n nag-iiwan ng comment sa page ko..hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Darwin! Sana manalo ka sa contest na to. Ba't d mu sinama ang reef walking? kaasar yung kuha ni manong noh? hihi :D
    Until we meet again...uhmmm..sa Science Discovery! hehe see you soon Darwin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to insert the pic kaso baka hindi na pwede..hehehe

    Siguro buryong na si kuya photographer nung mga oras a yun or hindi lang talaga sya marunong kumuha ng pic...hahaha

    See you soon,,can you make it on oct2?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try to insert the pic kaso baka hindi na pwede..hehehe

    Siguro buryong na si kuya photographer nung mga oras a yun or hindi lang talaga sya marunong kumuha ng pic...hahaha

    See you soon,,can you make it on oct2?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try to insert the pic kaso baka hindi na pwede..hehehe

    Siguro buryong na si kuya photographer nung mga oras a yun or hindi lang talaga sya marunong kumuha ng pic...hahaha

    See you soon,,can you make it on oct2?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try to insert the pic kaso baka hindi na pwede..hehehe

    Siguro buryong na si kuya photographer nung mga oras a yun or hindi lang talaga sya marunong kumuha ng pic...hahaha

    See you soon,,can you make it on oct2?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post reminds me to take my kids to Museo Pambata soon..nice entry!

    ReplyDelete

Say it!