Friday, February 4, 2011

There's No Place Like Home: A Pause from City Life


I am now enjoying a weekend rest day (something I didn't experienced for more than three years in my previous job). This time I now have enough time to go wherever I want or do whatever I want to do. Unlike before, where I used to work six days a week and day off always falls on weekdays.

What makes me super excited this weekend is goin to my town, Talisay, Batangas. The place where I was born, the place I call "home". It's really relaxing whenever I see how simple life goes in Talisay. For I know that my online life will stop temporarily . No updating of Facebook status and "liking" of photos and comments and no emails to answer. No site visits and meeting to conduct. No stressful traffics to avoid. Everything is just plain simple and unhurried.


Im looking forward as well for a great weather. I want to smell the fresh air which I will never experience in Manila. In the morning I'd like to sit in our window while sipping hot "kapeng barako", coffee where Batangas is known for. From our window you can easily view the beautiful lake and volcano of Taal.


I also miss home-cooked foods. I remember the last time I went to Talisay where my "Nanay" cooked my favorite food, sauteed squash and string beans in shrimp paste and grilled "tilapia" with soy sauce, chili and calamansi. She also prepared "pancit" for merienda. Green mango was also served. These were the food I miss whenever I am in Manila. I used to spent a lot buying in fast food chains. I must admit, these foods are appetizing but time will come and you will still miss the food cooked with love by your mother. That is one of the reason why I always want to go home. Another thing that reminds me that I'm no longer in the city is that you need to get a pail of water in the "poso". You'll get sweaty because you need to pump (bomba) just to fill the pail. That feeling makes you to hurry more and wet your body with fresh water you worked hard for. There's no MAYNILAD or NAWASA, no faucet! You will really work hard for every water you are going to use.

I want also to dip my feet in Taal Lake. I havent done it for a long time. I cant recall when was the last time I swim there. That's the place where I spent most of my childhood swimming with playmates. I can recall those days when I was fishing with my Dad and my uncles using our homemade fly rod (bingwit).

I want also to see those seabirds that my sister is telling. She said that there are now different of species of birds in flocks, in different sizes, flying altogether while building incredible aerial formations. I want to take a photo of it.
But the best part I want to see this weekend is to chase the sunset. The shore near our place is perfect for sunset viewing. You will see how the lake water will sparkle in gold as the sun is hiding slowly in the western hill. Its a really a sight to behold.


Im now looking forward to spend more days with my family. Now I truly understand why some people choses to stay in the province. I know deeply understand what laid back really means. No pressure, unhurried, and plain easy.

Oh wait, another reason why I am excited to go to Batangas is because we are about to celebrate the town fiesta next week. Its the Feast of San Guillermo on the 10th. My sister told me that there will be some events like "Mardi Gras" which will be participated by different organizations and school. That's what I missed last year. I wasnt able to witnessed how my alma matter beaten all the contestants in the first ever streetdancing competition. This time I want to watch this not just to support my school but to see my youngest sister as well who is a member of the BBSM Dance Troupe. They will defend their title. I hoping them all the best. Hope they retain the title.



I want also to see the "perya", our merryland (mini carnival) and "tiangge" (Bazaar). My boss is asking for a pasalubong.

More importantly, I want to visit my father. Yes, In his tomb. Though he's no longer physically existing, I know he's still watching us. I miss him.

These weekend will surely be spent well and best enjoyed with my family. I just realized, even if you choses to go somewhere far, time will come and you will find reason to go back to where you really belong. Indeed, there's no place like home.

Hey,I need to pack my things now. I need to catch the last bus trip in Buendia. See you next week! Let me know what will happen.

I'll try to update my FB with my mobile. I just heard that there is promo called SUPER FREE WEEKENDS, where I can get FREE 200 texts to ALL NETWORKS + 1 hour of cellphone internet from Saturday to Sunday when you load* at least P199 from Monday to Friday! I think I'm qualified. For more info type SUPERFREE INFO send it to 8888. Need more details? Click the link.

For more promos and updates log on to http://globe.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it!